(Net)working Women

DANIELLE NARDINI, Staff Writer

UNI will be hosting the first ever Cedar Valley Women’s Entrepreneurship Day this Thursday from 4-6:30 p.m. on campus in the Commons Ballroom. The event is sponsored by UNI’s Business and Community Services (BCS) organization and the College of Business Administration in conjunction with International Women’s Entrepreneurship Day.

The event aims to empower and celebrate women entrepreneurs by introducing them to various women-supported groups throughout the Cedar Valley. Attendees will get the opportunity to hear presentations from and network with organizations such as the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Visionary Entrepreneurial Women’s Network, Polka Dot Powerhouse, Cedar Falls Business and Professional Women and many more.

Senior communication major, Avary Bradford, said she is looking forward to the networking opportunities at this event and being able to support other women.

“Becoming an entrepreneur has always been a goal of mine, and with that goal I think it’s really important to learn from as many people as possible,” Bradford said. “I’m hoping to take away new insight on the path to becoming a female entrepreneur.”

Sara Kies, marketing and communications manager for the College of Business Administration, also looks forward to the event and encourages attendance.

“The purpose of this event is to celebrate present and future female entrepreneurs in the Cedar Valley,” Kies said. “Community leaders, students, local business owners and UNI faculty are encouraged to attend.”

Attendees have been encouraged to have registered by Monday, Nov. 16. However, registration will be up until the day of the event. Students can register by visiting tikly.co/events/954. The event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served.