Jamal White and Tristan Bernhard

Jamal White and Tristan Bernhard

Since stepping on campus, Jamal and Tristan have worked hard for the University and have become the epitome of involved students on campus. Their extensive and diverse set of experiences have given them the leadership tools necessary to represent this University’s great students.

Jamal and Tristan have a strong foundation in Northern Iowa Student Government (NISG) already, having served three combined years. Jamal currently serves as the Director of Student Organizations and Engagement, and Tristan serves as a senator for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the chair of the Campus Relations Committee.

This experience in NISG will allow Jamal and Tristan to be familiar with the functionality of NISG prior to taking office, if elected.
More importantly, these candidates have the experience to represent not just NISG, but the entire student body. The biggest issues facing this campus present themselves in residence life on a weekly basis, so the three years combined experience as resident assistants in the dorms will be vital for understanding student issues and concerns.

In addition to residence life, Jamal and Tristan have been involved with Student Admissions Ambassadors, Connecting Alumni to Students, Ethnic Student Promoters, the National Residence Hall Honorary, Black Student Union, Dancer Senate, Hagemann Senate, Camp Adventure, Panther Pep Crew, Intramurals, Inclusive Communities Team, Diversity Exit Requirement Committee and much more. These involvements will help them accurately represent students of all kinds on campus.

When it comes to policy, this ticket represents feasible, attainable goals to achieve for the student body. Jamal and Tristan worked hard to ensure that the ideas they present to students are achievable, well-researched and credible.

As many students may have heard, the University of Northern Iowa is operating under severe budget restraints. With Jamal and Tristan, voters can be assured representation that works hard to make their tuition and fees go farther, as well as work to get full funding at UNI. Jamal and Tristan’s student focused ticket has what it takes to bring the University of Northern Iowa to the next level and make sure that it is constantly progressing.

The four areas of emphasis for the ticket are Diversity and Inclusion, Mental Health, Campus Safety, and Student Engagement. Within these four areas are cost-effective ways to address the issues that face our panther community today.

For the full campaign platform please visit JTforNISG.com. Students are also urged to email Jamal ([email protected]) or Tristan ([email protected]) with any questions or concerns. We hope to earn your vote on Feb. 21 and 22 on MyUNIverse.

-Jamal White and Tristan Bernhard