Preview: Love a Donor Week

PEXELS

UNI’s eighth annual “Love a Donor Week” is Feb. 10-14 and includes multiple opportunities for students, faculty and staff to write thank-you notes to university donors at various locations across campus.

CECILIA MITCHELL, Copy Editor

This week is Love a Donor Week, a thanks-giving campus tradition in its eighth year at UNI. Students have three opportunities to write thank-you notes to UNI donors throughout the week and receive a “sweet treat” for their time, according to event promotion. There will also be an opportunity for faculty and staff to express their gratitude on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Feb. 11, student note-writing events will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the second level of the Curris Business Building, the ground floor of Sabin Hall and the first level of Russell.

On Wednesday, Feb. 12, both students and staff are invited to write their thank-yous at different times in different locations. Student events will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Maucker Union and Rod Library. Faculty and staff events will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Curris Business Building, McCollum Science Hall, Russell Hall, Sabin Hall and Schindler Education Center.

Students will have one more opportunity to express their gratitude to UNI donors during Love a Donor Week on Thursday, Feb. 13. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., note-writing events will be held on the second level of Schindler Education Center and the first level of McCollum Science Hall.

According to the UNI Foundation, Love a Donor week has been held on campus since 2013, not only to give students, faculty and staff the opportunity to thank generous alumni and friends of UNI for their support of the university, but also to “educate students on the impact of philanthropy on their learning experience.”