Commence towards graduation this Wednesday

SARA QUALLEY

UNI students graduating this spring and summer are invited to attend the Graduation Fair on March 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m in the Maucker Union ballrooms.

The Graduation Fair website shares, “The Graduation Fair is an event that provides graduating students the opportunity to meet with a variety of offices on campus in one centralized location to make the graduation process more convenient. Students that will be graduating at the end of the term are encouraged to attend in order to be prepared for graduation and commencement.”

The Office of the Registrar will be at the event to offer graduation checks from record analysts.  These checks inform students if they’ve met all degree requirements. Applications for graduation will be available to fill out, as well as the commencement ceremony reply. Students can also verify and update their home address and primary name to ensure diplomas are sent to the right location.

The Office of Career Services will be offering résumé critiques and professional job search assistance. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will be offering information regarding loan repayment and exit counseling.

The UNI bookstore will be selling caps and gowns at the event and offering discounts for attendees. Discounts are as follows:

Bachelor Package + Commemorative Tassel: $46.98 (regularly $52.98)

Master Package + Commemorative Tassel: $92.98 (regularly $98.98)

Doctor Package + Commemorative Tassel: $140.98 (regularly $146.98)

Bachelor Package + Commemorative Tassel + Classic Diploma Frame: $192.98 (regularly $212.98)

Master Package + Commemorative Tassel + Classic Diploma Frame: $238.98 (regularly $258.98)

Students can have their pictures taken in their caps and gowns by Flash Photography. Those interested in purchasing their portrait will be emailed by Flash Photography with photo package information. Courtesy of Production House, students will also have the opportunity to record a message to thank friends and family for supporting them. Messages will be shown on the McLeod Screen before commencement begins.

The UNI Alumni Association will not be in attendance this year to promote the Traditions Challenge. The Traditions Challenge is a list of traditions for UNI students to participate in. The list includes locations for students to visit and activities to participate in.

Students who complete 25 challenges will receive a pin, and those who complete 45 challenges will earn a pin and medallion to wear at graduation. To document their progress, students should take pictures after completing an activity. After downloading a presentation, students can put their photos of completed traditions on their designated slides. The presentation, the Traditions Challenge list and additional information can be found at https://unialum.org/traditions.

Refreshments will be served at the Graduation Fair. A few days after the fair, students who attended can fill out a survey for a chance to win prizes, including a diploma frame.

Additional information and a Graduation Fair checklist can be found at https://registrar.uni.edu/graduation-and-commencement/graduation-fair. Questions can be directed to [email protected] or 319-273-2241.