Women’s soccer schedule announced for spring 2021

UNI Women’s soccer is set to begin on March 5 on the road against Evansville.

COLIN HORNING, Sports Editor

The fall schedule for the 2021 Missouri Valley Conference women’s soccer season has been announced. The season is set to begin on Feb. 27 and conclude on April 7, with the conference tournament set to begin April 10-11 and the championship game being played on April 17. UNI will play an eight-game conference schedule with four games being played at home and four on the road. All Northern Iowa home games will be played at Memorial Stadium in Waterloo, IA.

The Panthers will open the season on the road against Evansville for a 5 p.m. start on Friday, March 5. They will then return home to host Loyola on Wednesday, March 10 followed by Missouri State on Saturday, March 13. They will hit the road again for the next two games, with the first being on March 19 in Carbondale, Ill. against Southern Illinois and against Illinois State on March 25 in Normal, Ill. UNI returns home against Valparaiso on March 28 before their final road game against Indiana State on April 4. The regular season will conclude for the Panthers on April 7 at home against in-state rival Drake.

UNI head coach Bruce Erickson will begin his fourth season as coach of the Panther women’s soccer team. Last season, UNI went 5-11 but will be returning a young cast of players along with a strong freshman class for the 2021 season.