“The Great Gatsby” Maucker Movie

TEHYA TOURNIER

Engage, explore and entertain.  Those are the three E’s the UNI Campus Activities Board (CAB) sticks to when planning events for students and faculty. 

To follow the theme of 2021 Homecoming, ‘Let The Good Times Roar,’ on Tuesday, Sept 28, the CAB board presented the 2012 film “The Great Gatsby” at Maucker Union. 

Student Organizations Coordinator, Connie Hansen, said their goal is to get students involved and give them a variety of opportunities to take a break from school, hangout with friends and meet new people. 

“We just want to provide a space and opportunity for students to engage and have fun together and entertain and I think that’s one of the big things that we really try to push with CAB,” she said. 

During the midst of COVID-19 Hansen and the rest of CAB found that students liked being involved virtually as well.  While more activities now are based in person such as craft nights and yoga, they will still be giving virtual options to those who choose to participate that way. 

Having these activities throughout the week all planned out for fall and spring semesters allows students to take advantage of what the university is offering and gives them a break to indulge. 

“You also need to relax your brain, and have fun and explore,” Hansen said. 

This evening, Sept. 30, CAB will be hosting a Homecoming Theater Dinner and Murder Mystery Show, which is now sold out.  Some events will be by registration only while others don’t require no registration. 

The rest of the semester’s activities can be found online on the Campus Activities Board website under Student Life.