Music festival coming to the Hill

Nineteen bands will take the stage at three venues in one night for the second annual College Hill Music Festival May 3.

The main goal of the festival is to show off bands from the Cedar Falls area and to showcase the community that supports them, said Salil Kalghatgi, marketing consultant with three7one, the agency helping promote the event.

Gingers, the main stage, will kick off the night at 7 p.m. The bar will feature the bands Palace, The Mittens, We Live in Sod Houses, Har-di-Har, The Soil & the Sun, TWINS and John June Year.

The Library on the Hill stage will showcase bands such as Aaron McNally, Peas and Carrot, The Tinderbox, The Comfort Kings, The Sapwoods and Free Range Medicine starting at 7:20 p.m.

The Octopus stage, which begins at 7:30 p.m. will host Cardboard Kingdoms, Annalibera, Emily Otis, The Multiple Cat, Kitten Forever and Vacation Dad.

Kalghatgi hopes the festival will continue to grow each year until eventually it becomes a two-day festival with an outdoor stage.

“My real goal is to put the main stage at the bottom of the Hill and close off the Hill so then the rest of the hill will act as a natural ampitheater,” Kalghatgi said.

Tickets can be purchased online at http://cedarfallsmusic.com/tickets/ for $15 a person. Tickets are $20 a person the day of the festival.