Annual juried student art exhbition

• Many students made various forms of art for the Annual Juried Art Exhibition that will be in the UNI Gallery of Art until April 15.

Karla DeBruin, Managing Editor

For any art student, having their work showcased in a gallery is the dream. Luckily, many UNI students have that opportunity. The Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition in UNI’s Gallery of Art is showcasing many students’ artwork. 

“This competition is an important way for the public to see outstanding recent works of art from students in our department and to provide a venue for what is often a student’s first professional exhibition,” said UNI Gallery of Art Director, Darrell Taylor. 

Students can enter any art that they have completed in the past 10 months. These can be paintings, drawings, photographs, videos and so much more. Depending on the year, between 150 to 300 entries can be judged. The juror will choose 50-60 works of art. 

This year’s juror is Barbara Fedeler; she is an artist and educator in Waverly, Iowa. She received her M.F.A. from the University of Arizona and B.F.A from Drake University. She’s had her artwork displayed in over 65 exhibitions throughout the Midwest, Arizona, Utah and California. 

Make sure to go check out the student artwork at the UNI Gallery of Art. It’s open now until April 15, 2022.