Foam ballin’ blast

Bongo ball, hosted by the Campus Activities Board, created quite a bit of noisy fun in the Maucker Union Ballroom Thursday night. 

Though they have hosted similar activities such as laser tag in the past, CAB has never brought bongo ball to campus before. 

Wendy Grimm, senior public relations major and executive member of CAB, classified the event as a de-stressing activity for the students on campus due to the second week of class.  

The ballroom was transformed into a paintball obstacle course, filled with inflatable paintball bunkers for players to hide behind. 

Students played a game similar to paintball and capture the flag. Teams competed to capture one another’s flags while dodging foam balls shot out of defender cannons.

Teams of five were distinguished by different colored sweatbands provided by CAB.

Though the gear worn by participants were nearly identical to that used for paintball, the game did not include paint or another well-known aspect to the original game, pain.  

Grimm  guaranteed that though being shot may hurt a little bit, it did not compare to being hit by a paintball. 

“It was intense,” said Jayda Reams, freshman anthropology major. 

Reams successfully avoided being hit by her opponents during her first round of bongo ball. 

CAB has many more recreational activities planned for UNI students this semester including: the annual Egg Hunt, Battle Ball and Spring Week. CAB will also be providing students with free tickets to the Waterloo Black Hawks game on Feb. 27.