CAB hosts Recreation Night

Sometimes students need to blow off a little steam before midterms. Spring activities week may be one way to do this such as Thursday night’s Rec Night. Rec Night took place in the Wellness Recreation Center, and hosted by the Campus Activities Board Homecoming committee, said Jamie Miller, senior communications major.

Miller said the event offered canoe battleship, volleyball, ping pong, racquetball and various other activities.

Food was offered at the event such as Jimmy John’s and vegetable and fruit trays.

“It’s kind of like a healthy event.” Miller said.

Robbie Leonard, junior anthropology major, said that he would definitely come to another Rec Night, if he had the time. 

“So far the wallyball is my favorite. I’m hoping to do canoe battleship. Most people forgot their swim trunks. It’s kind of cold, so that’s probably why,” Leonard said.

Miller said that Tuesday, CAB had hosted Pinterest Night, and Thursday they hosted a movie night where they watched Mockingjay. It was all a part of spring events week, which CAB hosts every March. However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other things for students to do now that it’s over.

CAB events can be found on the events calendar on the University of Northern Iowa’s website.

“The Campus Activities Board puts on events every week that are free to students. They’re usually on Thursdays,” Miller said.