Get ready for business in 2022

UNI+business+students+took+home+the+trophy+with+a+first+place+win+at+the+District+9+National+Student+Advertising+Competition+in+spring+2022%2C+one+of+many+accomplishments+of+the+College+of+Business.+

UNI business students took home the trophy with a first place win at the District 9 National Student Advertising Competition in spring 2022, one of many accomplishments of the College of Business.

Leslie Wilson, Guest Columnist

Welcome to UNI! You’ve chosen a great institution to prepare for a meaningful life and to launch your career. We have the credentials that prove our high quality and have earned AACSB accreditation, an honor achieved by only 5 percent of business schools worldwide. This accreditation symbolizes our dedication to your success.

Our faculty delivers a top-notch education that includes hands-on, real-world learning experiences and professional development inside and outside the classroom to make sure our graduates are prepared to go anywhere their dreams desire! What’s the proof? In the 2021-2022 academic year, our students took home top honors in many competitions! Our accounting students placed second in the nation at the Deloitte FanTAXtic competition. Our advertising & digital media students placed 1st place at the District 9 National Student Advertising Competition and are moving on to the semi-finals. Plus many more student organizations took home numerous awards including PBL and PSE. To achieve these results, our students competed against the best and the brightest across the nation and rose to the top.

Make the most of your time here at UNI so you are ready for whatever opportunity presents itself. Here are my top five tips for new students:

1. Get involved in a student organization. It’s a great way to make friends and develop leadership skills.
  2. Plan to study abroad. International experiences broaden your horizons, and with our Fly Free program, it’s cheaper than you might expect.
  3. Earn a professional credential. Earning an Excel certification, CPA, CFP or any credential shows you know your stuff!
  4. Launch your own company or side-gig Our John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center helps students from ANY major turn their passion into income.
  5. Stay Connected. Follow me on LinkedIn and Twitter. I want to see your success!

We are proud to claim you as a Panther!

Welcome to UNI!

#GetReadyForBusiness

Leslie K. Wilson

Dean

College of Business