Greetings from CSBS

Brenda+Bass%2C+Dean+of+CSBS+and+professor+of+family+services%2C+takes+pride+in+the+colleges+experienced+faculty+and+research+opportunities+for+students.+

Brenda Bass, Dean of CSBS and professor of family services, takes pride in the college’s experienced faculty and research opportunities for students.

Brenda Bass, Guest Columnist

On behalf of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (CSBS), I want to welcome you to the start of the 2022-23 academic year!

CSBS is made up of a variety of programs that explore how human behavior relates to society, with a focus on studying and solving real-world problems. Whether helping integrate immigrants in Iowa, engage student voters, create effective crime prevention strategies, or understand how natural disasters impact communities – CSBS believes in empowering students to make a difference and inspire change.

CSBS students learn from faculty who utilize innovative teaching techniques in classrooms equipped with the latest technology. Both undergraduate and graduate students work alongside faculty who conduct world-class research, funded by government agencies such as the National Science Foundation, NASA, National Endowment for the Humanities, the Department of Justice, and many others. CSBS is also committed to providing opportunities outside of the classroom through internships, field experience and international study abroad. These opportunities help equip our students with the skills to succeed and adapt in an ever-changing market. Not just for a job, but for a successful and fulfilling life and career.

We invite you to explore the people and programs of CSBS! Visit us online at csbs.uni.edu.

Brenda Bass

Dean, College of Social & Behavioral Sciences