A letter from COE

Colleen+Mulholland+serves+as+Dean+of+the+College+of+Education+and+encourages+students+to+ask+questions%2C+attend+class%2C+and+fully+engage+in+their+campus+community.+

Colleen Mulholland serves as Dean of the College of Education and encourages students to ask questions, attend class, and fully engage in their campus community.

Colleen Mulholland, Guest Columnist

Welcome freshman students!  I am so excited you are here and are now part of the UNI community.  As dean of the College of Education, it is my honor to serve with a dynamic and talented group of faculty and staff who are committed to your success in the classroom and beyond.

UNI’s College of Education anchors the UNI Teacher Education program, which is Iowa’s largest and in the top 1% of schools nationally for the number of students graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education. Wow! We also prepare professionals for careers in athletic training, movement and exercise science, public health,  and recreation, tourism and nonprofit leadership.

The range of services available at the university are there to help you be successful. We will do all that we can to ensure that you are successful – be sure to do your part as well. Ask questions, attend class, pop in for office hours, and participate!

We know how great of an experience you can have when you engage and remain open to new and different adventures, perspectives, and people. I hope you will explore all that UNI has to offer for you: tons of events, clubs, and organizations you can become a part of as you grow into the next exciting chapter of your journey.

I look forward to seeing you around campus and wish you a wonderful start to your college experience at UNI!

Go Panthers!

Dean Colleen