CATS hosts annual ‘Love a Donor’ event

The+goal+for+CATS+is+to+write+2%2C000+letters.+Students+can+help+succeed+that+goal+by+going+to+the+events+listed+above.+

Courtesy

The goal for CATS is to write 2,000 letters. Students can help succeed that goal by going to the events listed above.

ERIN MCRAE, Staff Writer

The UNI Foundation and Connecting Alumni to Students (CATS), is hosting an event during Valentine’s week called “Love a Donor”. This event is a tradition that allows students and faculty to send a message of thanks to UNI donors by writing a thank-you note to alumni and friends of the University who have shown support. Everyone who participates will receive a free cookie as a token of appreciation. 

Sarah Craw, the UNI Student and Young Alumni Engagement Coordinator and Advisor of CATS, said that this event has been a long-standing tradition at UNI. “Love a Donor began more than a decade ago as an opportunity to activate the campus to help thank UNI’s donors,” Craw said. “Our goal this year is to write more than 2,000 thank you cards.”

Craw credits the event for its ability to connect students with donors who make their education possible. “Stewardship is an important part of the donation process. The UNI Foundation stewards donors by managing their gifts as intended, thanking donors for their generosity, and sharing the impact of their donations. Love a Donor allows us to involve student beneficiaries in the stewardship process. Donors hear from students about their UNI experience and the ways they have benefited from private gifts. Students, in turn, learn about the importance of giving back to UNI to support future generations of Panthers,” Craw said. 

Interested students can participate on any three days in multiple locations:

Tuesday, February 14, in Maucker Union or Curris Business Building from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Wednesday, February 15 in Maucker Union from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and in McLeod Center before the game against Drake from 7 to 8 p.m.

Thursday, February 16 in Rod Library and the WRC from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

This three-day event offers multiple opportunities for students to get involved. “Love a Donor offers the unique opportunity for donors and students to communicate directly. Students can share their gratitude and UNI experience and donors hear firsthand accounts of the impact of their gifts,” Craw said. “This event is scheduled on or around Valentine’s Day to share love and appreciation throughout Panther Nation.”

Student organizations interested in writing cards during a meeting or event can contact [email protected]. All faculty, students, and staff are invited to participate.