Panthers place 3rd at ISU Invite

The Northern Iowa women’s golf team took their play up another notch over the weekend, finishing third in the Indiana State Invitational. The Panthers can attribute that to a strong second-day score of 308 that helped them rebound from a score of 319 on day one. This was their best finish at an event all season. They were only one shot behind second place William Woods University and seven shots behind first place Indiana State University.

The Panthers have been led by Sarah Boss and Kaylee Benson the entire season, and this latest tournament was no different. Boss and Benson shot a 152 and 155 over the two-day period, respectively. Boss’ 152 granted her a tie for fourth place individually. Benson’s score of 155 earned her a tie for eighth place.

Allison Rollinger represented UNI right outside the top 10 on the leaderboard, earning a tie for 11th place individually. She recorded a score of 158 along with three other competitors. Sonja Przybylski followed Rollinger with a score of 163. Her score awarded her a tie for 30th place. Taylor VanDyke rounded out the Panther golf team, recording a 164 on her scorecard. She finished in a tie for 34th place.

At the invitational, UNI got a taste for what the Missouri Valley Conference tournament is going to be like, as six of the nine teams competing in the Indiana State Invitational were MVC teams. The only MVC team that finished ahead of the Panthers was Indiana State, which won the tournament. The Panthers will look to keep the momentum going heading into the MVC Tournament, which will kick ofwf April 20 and will run until April 22 in Springfield, Ill. Tee time is 8 a.m.