CSA Clothing Drive

SYDNEY HAUER, Executive Editor | [email protected]

The Communication Student Association (CSA) is hosting a professional clothing drive on Feb. 15 and 16. The clothing donated will go to UNI students who need access to affordable professional wear and will prepare students with attire for career fairs and future jobs.

“Our main purpose is to provide UNI students with an affordable option for professional clothing before the Spring Job Fair on Feb. 17,” said Mallory Feeney, junior public relations major.

She is one of the students in charge of putting on the event. Feeney mentioned that Kelsey Motley, a UNI alumnus, suggested the idea to CSA as a way to help out students with career readiness.

The official event will be held on Feb. 15 and 16 in the Old Gold Room in the lower level of Maucker Union from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. CSA is looking for men’s and women’s business and professional wear in all sizes (skirts, pants, shirts, blazers, blouses, etc.) The clothing must be gently used. Accessories, such as ties, may also be donated.

There will be no charge for the clothing; however, we will be accepting donations for the Cedar Valley United Way,” Feeney said.

Any students with spare dress clothes can donate to CSA at donation boxes located on the third floor of Lang Hall outside of the Communication Studies office and outside of the main administrative office of Maucker Union. These donations will be accepted until Friday, Feb. 12.