LTE: micowave shortage

Back to Article
Back to Article

LTE: micowave shortage

Students have noticed that the shortage of microwaves in Maucker Union has led to long lines around lunch time.

LEZIGA BARIKOR

LEZIGA BARIKOR

LEZIGA BARIKOR

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Editor’s note: the author of the following letter to the editor requested that their identity remain anonymous.

The Maucker Union normally has two microwaves in use, but one broke a couple weeks ago, and they have not replaced it. Now, there is a line of 10+ people for the only microwave from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

That is not fair and is a waste of time. Maucker Union needs to replace its microwave and get a third one to use!

There is a shortage of microwaves on this campus, which is a major problem for off-campus students and students without dining plans who just want to cook their meals without waiting in line for 15 minutes.

In addition, Rod Library does not have a microwave at all! There is no alternative to the microwave in the Union.

Rod needs to get a microwave by Book Bistro because this is a major inconvenience. More microwaves are not a lot to ask. UNI, please have enough microwaves so students, faculty and staff can cook their meals in a timely fashion.