Recent NBA trades are a surprising shake-up

Sports writer Jerrius Campbell analyzes the recent trades in the NBA, such as the Cavaliers' Isaiah Thomas' move to the Los Angeles Lakers.

TNS

TNS

JERRIUS CAMPBELL, Sports Writer

The recent trades in the NBA have stirred things up around the league.

For starters, the Cavaliers traded Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye to the Lakers for youngsters Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.

Honestly, I can’t believe they gave up Thomas so easily after all the backlash and criticism the Cavaliers took after trading Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Thomas.

Rumors around the league say LeBron James has more front office control than many are aware. It wouldn’t surprise me if LeBron pushed for the most recent trade.

I also believe he talked Dwayne Wade into coming to Cleveland to hang out on the bench until trade deadline. In fact, right at the trade deadline, Wade was traded back to his home in Miami.

That was probably the most pointless one-year deal in history, but who am I to talk?

The Cavaliers also reached out to the Jazz for guards Rodney Hood and George Hill, while giving up Jae Crowder and Iman Shumpert.

After all, I feel as if the Cavaliers are trying to become the second super team in the league behind the Warriors.

Prior to the deadline, I was really surprised to see Blake Griffin go to the Pistons for two average basketball players and two draft picks.

After the Clippers went on a 10-game win streak, Griffin found out via twitter that his new home is in Detroit. I’m sure many people did not see the Griffin trade coming but expected other players to be shipped to a new team.

The most notable player that wasn’t traded, to me, was Kemba Walker. Despite recent struggles in Charlotte, Walker is still holding his own, averaging 22 points a game.

I do think if Walker were to be traded to a team such as the Spurs, he could be a game changer.

I also thought Deandre Jordan going to the Cavaliers would be a hard move, but I do not see him staying in Los Angeles any longer. To me, it seems Jordan has been in trade talks for at least three seasons and has not been traded yet.

So, what does that mean for the Clippers’ future? Will Deandre Jordan go to the Cavaliers next season? I guess we won’t know until after the championship game.