Panthers compete at Air Force tournament

WILLIAM RIEPE, Sports Writer

The Panthers golf team travelled to Colorado Springs, Colorado this week for the Gene Miranda Falcon Invite at the Eisenhower Championship Course. This tournament started on Friday and featured Sam Sacquitne, who didn’t see any action in his freshman season.

Sacquitne got off to a great start over the weekend leading the Panthers during the first two days of the tournament and finished up Saturday with a tie for the 15th position. He finished the day one shot over 73 (+1), leaving him with an overall score of one under (-1) for the weekend.

However, during the second day of the tournament, the Panthers saw an outstanding performance 

from sophomore Parker Oleson. Oleson finished up this day one shot under 71 (-1), finishing 61st overall in the tournament, 21 spots up from his previous day’s performance. 

The Panthers look to finish the weekend strong during the final day of play, which is scheduled to finish as of press time. UNI does not have much time to rest and prepare however, as ten days from now they ship off for Indiana for the Valpo Golf tournament In Valparaiso. The Panthers did not play at Valparaiso last year, so expectations are high for a new tournament to participate in.