UNI to hold De-Stress Days for “dead week”

It’s that time of year once again! Time to put everything you have spent the past 14 weeks learning to the test – literally! It’s very common to find oneself becoming overwhelmed by the amount of stress that final exams may cause. However, there are a few things you can do to prevent letting the stress of finals week get the best of you: make sure to get adequate sleep, make time to take care of your body and eat a balanced variety of foods. These are just a few steps you can take that may help reduce stress during finals week. Looking for more ideas? You are in luck! There will be many stress relieving activities for you to try during De-Stress Days at UNI!

Student Wellness Services and the Student Health Advisory Committee will be hosting De-Stress Days during the week prior to finals week. Join us in the Maucker Union Ballroom on Dec. 3, 4 and 5 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. for fun, stress relieving activities! We will have puzzles, coloring pages/colored pencils and beads available for those who would like to make bracelets. If you are looking to practice gratitude, cards will be available to write notes of gratitude to the people in your support network. We will also have the labyrinth available, a walking meditation that can be used to experience peace and relaxation.

But wait, there’s more! Each day, Student Wellness Services will also have a number of massage therapy students available from Capri College to provide FREE five minute massages. In addition to all of this, we are collaborating with Retrieving Freedom and will have fluffy visitors every day of De-Stress days! We will also provide hot tea and hot chocolate free of charge! These activities are not only fun, but they provide stress-relieving qualities. It is important that students find a healthy way to handle stressful situations, and attending De-Stress Days is a good place to start!

Contact Student Wellness Services for any interest in scheduling a program related to a number of wellness topics at https://studentwellness.uni.edu/program-request

Written by Beth Chaney, Graduate Assistant, Student Wellness Services