2019-2020 Student Fee proposal

Back to Article
Back to Article

2019-2020 Student Fee proposal

The 2019-2020 Student Fee proposal was released on Wednesday, May 1. The proposal included a $90,000 re-allocation to the Panther Shuttle.

GABRIELLE LEITNER

GABRIELLE LEITNER

GABRIELLE LEITNER

MICHAEL OASHEIM, News Editor

The official Student Fee proposal for the 2019-2020 academic year was sent to Northern Iowa Student Government on Tuesday, April 30, after being reviewed by both the Iowa Board of Regents and UNI President Mark Nook.

The proposal included a $90,000 re-allocation to the Panther Shuttle, which will allow the shuttle to maintain its usual schedule during the winter months, specifically between homecoming and spring break.

This decision comes less than one month after the Student Fee Committee voted to defund the Panther Shuttle and Weekend SafeRide bus on Wednesday, April 10, which would have been effective in the fall semester of 2019.

The initial decision was met with much resistance from the UNI community.

“This decision comes as a result of numerous deliberations between students and administrators,” said NISG in a press release. “Students contributed and influenced the final proposal on a level not seen in prior years.”