UNI finishes 5th at Bradley Invitational

The Northern Iowa women’s golf team finished in fifth place out of 10 teams at the Bradley Invitational this past weekend. Strong performances by Sarah Boss and Kaylee Benson led the way for the Panthers. At the end of day two, the Panthers recorded a 631 overall on their scorecard and were a mere four shots away from fourth-place Indiana State University. Southern Illinois University took home first-place honors after recording a score of 617 for the tournament.

Boss recorded two good shooting days. She recorded a 76 on day one and followed that up with a 74 on day two. Her total score of 150 earned her a tie for third place individually. Benson also cracked the top 10 with a total score of 155, which awarded her a tie for ninth place individually.

Sonja Przybylski recorded a final score of 160 for the tournament, which earned her a tie for 26th place individually. Behind Przybylski was Allison Rollinger, who accrued a 166 overall score that placed her in a tie for 44th. Taylor VanDyke completed the team with a total score of 173. She stood alone in 52nd place at the end of the tournament.

The Panthers enjoyed mild success at the Bradley Invitational, but will be striving for improvement April 13-14 at the Indiana State Invitational in Terre Haut, Ind. Tee time is 8 a.m.