UNI students present work at fall 2012 B.F.A. exhibition

Four University of Northern Iowa students will present their artwork at the Fall 2012 B.F.A. Group Exhibition, located at the UNI Gallery of Art, from Thursday, Dec. 6 through Saturday, Dec. 15. A reception for the exhibition was held Thursday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m.

For almost a decade now, this exhibition has given students the opportunity to present their work to the public as the final step in obtaining their bachelor of fine arts degree.

This fall, the students involved have been working hard to prepare every aspect of the exhibition. Aside from the artwork, the students have also created postcards to publicize the event.

The artists involved in this show will be presenting everything from paintings to sculptures to ceramics.

“My sculptures are combined, abstracted forms that are filled with metaphors and are representations of specific themes or ideas,” said Zachary Bowman, one of the artists featured in the exhibition.

Amber Persinger, another student involved in the exhibition, has an emphasis in painting. Titled “Everything was Beautiful and Everything Hurt,” Persinger’s exhibition focuses on relationships, working primarily with the female form.

The event is free and open to the public. Gallery hours to view the exhibition are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and noon to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

“This is a great opportunity to see what current students have been working on, in a venue that is second to none,” said Bowman.