UNI women’s golf finishes in season-best 4th place

The University of Northern Iowa women’s golf team finished in a tie for fourth place and put three golfers in the top 10 individually at the Bradley Invitational this past weekend. The team tied with fellow Missouri Valley Conference opponent Indiana State.

After a rough first-round score of 331, the Panthers ended the tournament with a score of 319 in the second round and 317 in the third and final round on Sunday.

The fourth-place finish is the highest UNI has finished this season.

UNI was led by Kaylee Benson, who carded two rounds under 80 with a 77 first round and a 75 third round. Overall, Benson finished in fourth place individually. Trailing Benson on the leaderboard for the Panthers were Sarah Boss and Alex Zenor, who finished in seventh and 10th places, respectively.

Taylor VanDyke rounded out the event with an 85 in the final round to finish in a tie for 31st place individually. In her first tournament of the season, Sara Pettitt shot a season-best 92 in the second round and finished in 41st place individually.

With only two meets left in the season, the Panthers head to Omaha, Neb., on April 15 to compete in the Creighton Invitational. Following that, the Panthers will partake in the MVC Championships in Lake of the Ozarks, Mo., on April 22.