Chad’s Pizza on the Hill

Chad’s Pizza, a pizza joint founded in Dyersville, will be opening a new location in Cedar Falls thanks to the assistance of a University of Northern Iowa student.

Alex Funke, senior business management, will be opening the second location as the franchise owner of Chad’s Pizza at 909 W. 23rd Street, next to Copyworks. Their tentative launch date is Nov. 19. 

Funke has worked with owner, Chad Clouse, since he was a freshman in high school and has been providing Clouse with ideas on how to further his business. 

“He bought into the success that I have enjoyed the last 10 years,” Clouse said. “So we endorsed his idea a year ago and decided to form a franchise with it.” 

According to Clouse, Funke attended UNI and fell in love with Cedar Falls, so he performed significant market analysis to determine if their desired location would work for them. 

Chad’s Pizza will offer delivery, carry-out, buffets, appetizers and late night pizza by the slice.     “We know there is a lot of competition out there,” Clouse said.  “But we are looking to be the best within our competition through our quality, quality, quality.” 

Previous customers entering the store can expect to see the same layout, recipes, products and advertising style the original store has. 

“We want to pull in a little bit of everybody,” Funke said “We won’t turn anyone away.”

The building they are renovating has caused several issues to date. 

However, Funke is still expecting everything to be prepared for their launch sometime before Thanksgiving break. 

Chad Pizza’s new strategy of scalability adds new elements, risks and rewards for the franchise owners as well.  

“I have always appreciated the support of our local patrons.” Clouse said. 

“We look forward to serving the Cedar Falls area.”