A Pinteresting-Spring

Attendees of Pinterest Night were able to craft items reminiscent of the crazy, why-didn’t-I-think-of-that ideas that people everywhere pin to their boards on the popular website Tuesday. 

Hosted by the Campus Activities Board in the Maucker Union Ballroom, the crafts ranged from pet rocks to hand-painted fanny packs, all relating to spring-like activities and objects.

“We are just making some things that we thought students would like for spring break,” said Zoe Mckimpson, senior communication major and spotlight executive of CAB.

Mckimpson said the event’s purpose was to give students something they could have over spring break, as the event was a kind of preparation for the break in a couple weeks.

The event was set up café-style, however, instead of food, there were crafts to choose from. Attendees could pick a purse or grab a fanny pack to decorate with their own unique flare. Many fashionable and practical items left the ballroom on their way to carry coins or hold water as their owners went about their spring activities.

Students set their creative skills free on the small plastic water bottles and waist purses. They also gave life to small stones by painting eyes, mouths and clothes onto them. With bright paints to choose from, students could bring personality into a lifeless rock.

Mckayla Moore, freshman psychology major, attended the event with a friend. Moore said she came to express her craftiness and her ability to “make stuff.” 

Moore was able to make a pet rock, a hand-painted water bottle, a fanny pack and a purse, all of which were provided by the CAB. 

“It was fun,” Moore said. She said she would recommend it to anyone who wanted to set his or her crafty desires free. 

This event is only one of many hosted by CAB this week in honor of Spring Week. 

In addition to Pinterest Night, CAB held a Rec night Wednesday with activities such as canoe battle ship and basketball. On Thursday, the hit movie “Mocking Jay: Part One” will be showing in the Old Central Ballroom in Maucker Union at 7 and 9:30 p.m. Popcorn, candy and pop will be provided.