ITS offers new CatID service after Spring Break

ITS will soon be providing a new self-service to UNI students. A new self-service feature enabling staff to register their cell phone number or non-UNI email address (such as Gmail or Hotmail) in order to change their CatID password at their convenience. 

Ben Arnold, interim director of ITS-user services said there is a link under My Account on the My UNIverse page to access this program.

In the past, there have been pre-programmed questions the user must answer in order to change his or her password. ITS is changing that. Users can now select the questions and provide their own answers, as well as their cell phone number and non-UNI email address, to reset their password.

According to Arnold, students, faculty, and staff who register for this new self-service  will receive a security code. By entering this security code, they will be able to set up their new password. 

“It’s a modern way. Most students have cell phones; they can receive a text message at any time. It’s an easy process, we make it accessible for everyone to reset the CatID by themselves,”  said Arnold. 

UNI students, faculty, and staff will be able to use the new ITS self-service after spring break. 

“There will be a mandatory upgrade for the MyUNIverse web page next fall, 2015, to register cell phone number or alternate email address,” Arnold said. “By doing mandatory signing up, we will ensure the ability of 100 percent of participants to reset their CatID.”