NISG confirms associate justice, 10 new directors

• Abby Wicker, Director of Accessibility Services, confirmed with a vote of 10-0-0

• Abby Kraft ,Supreme Court Associate Justice, confirmed with a vote of 10-0-0

• Bailey Klinkhammer, Director of First Year Students, confirmed with a vote of 10-0-0.

• Cora Patterson, Director of Gender Violence and Prevention, confirmed with a vote of 9-1-0

• Dominic Dekeyser, Director of Transfer Student Affairs, confirmed with a vote of 10-0-0.

• Gabby Champion, Director of Athletic Affairs, confirmed with a vote of 10-0-0.

• Hannah Brunko, Director of Sustainability, confirmed by a vote of 10-0-0.

• Kelsey Wren, Director of Graduate Student Life, confirmed by a vote of 10-0-0.

• Leah Evans, Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life, confirmed by a vote of 10-0-0.

NICK BAUR

The Northern Iowa Student Government (NISG) reconvened for their weekly meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 15. The in-person and virtual meeting opened with weekly reports from the vice president and Directors of Diversity, Government Relations, Public Relations and Administration and Finance. Highlights of these reports include the upcoming hosting of NISG Night on September 29th, as well as Director of Public Relations, Timothy Perksen, unveiling the impending launch of a newly crafted NISG website. Notably absent from the meeting however, Student Body President Samatha Bennett was away in Ames, Iowa on meeting with the Iowa Board of Regents for Student Government related business.

Once again shepherded by Sam Caughron, Speaker of the Senate, this week’s meeting of the NISG primarily encompassed confirming the presidentially appointed Northern Iowa Board of Directors. Remarkably similar to the previous week’s meeting, the confirmation process followed a pattern of appointee speech, then questions from the gathered members and eventually deliberation and a vote to confirm the appointee. The results of the appointments are shown to the right and below. Not pictured is Maddie Davis, Director of Alumni Relations, confirmed by a vote of 10-0-0, and Austin Wood, Director of Veteran and Military Affairs confirmed by a vote of 10-0-0. 

Following the extensive voting process, the meeting once again drew to a close with sparse remarks from the slowly forming senate committees. NISG meets every week at 8 p.m. on Wednesdays in the University Room of Maucker Union. These meetings are free and open to the public. 

Check back here in next week’s issue for more ongoing coverage related to the NISG, their initiatives and news surrounding the organization.