Honors Week to showcase academic excellence

For students who have chosen to enter the honors program, their hard work is about to be showcased.

UNI’s Honors Week is Monday, April 6 through Saturday, April 11. This week will be the celebration of academic and scholastic achievement at UNI. 

Students will have a chance to recognize and connect with students pursuing academic excellence though honor societies, honorary organizations and the University’s Honors Program. 

Kasey Bannon, graduate assistant for the University Honors Program said the Honor Student Advisory Board has been working hard to host events for this year.

“This week is a great way to recognize high achieving students across campus,” Bannon said.

Tramesha Davis, freshman political science major thinks that Honors Week is an important event for the community as it shows what the honors students have been working hard at.

“People who work hard deserve recognition,” Davis said. “College is hard and school is just hard in general, and to do as well as they do, it is amazing and inspiring. If they help someone do better by showing them all the other people who are succeeding then it is a successful week.”  

The events for Honors week is below and has been provided by the Honors website.