GBPAC reveals spring season

• Among GBPAC’s spring 2022 performances schedule is the Blue Man Group who will perform May 2-3.

Karla DeBruin, Managing Editor

Last week Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts Center (GBPAC) announced their spring 2022 season. The season will be packed with 11 performances, and GBPAC’s staff is looking forward to some exciting shows. The season kicks off on Jan. 28 with “DRUMLine Live” and ends June 12 with “Rumours – A Fleetwood Mac Tribute.” UNI students can use their two  student tickets to see GBPAC shows for free. Spring tickets for students open on Jan. 20 at 10 a.m. 

The performance schedule is as follows:

– DRUMLine Live (Jan.28) 

– Voctave (Feb. 25) 

– An Officer & A Gentleman (Feb. 27) 

– Jay Leno (March 6) 

– Elias String Quartet (March 22, 24-25)

– Madagascar – A Musical Adventure JR. (March 27)

– Rain – A Tribute to the Beatles (April 3) 

– Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (April 22-23)

– Blue Man Group (May 2-3) 

– Renee Fleming (June 3) 

– Rumours – A Fleetwood Mac Tribute (June 12)  

GBPAC marketing manager, Chris Hale, is looking forward to the upcoming season.  “This season is really exciting to me because I see something in almost every show that fits my tastes,” Hale said.

Some of the big performances on the schedule include comedian Jay Leno, the “Blue Man Group” and “Voctave.” One show that Hale is excited about is “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” which is a community collaboration between. wcfsymphony, the UNI School of Music, Waterloo Community Playhouse and Cedar Falls Community Theatre.  The show will be performing April 22-23. 

Hale also mentioned GBPAC has started planning for  next season. “Planning for 2022-2023 is already well underway,” Hale said. “Programming at the Gallagher Bluedorn is a never-ending cycle with a lot that goes into it from researching shows, meeting with various reps, assessing our schedule and budget, conducting focus groups with various stakeholders. It’s a complex process that goes on behind the scenes to plan a season that not many are aware of.”

To learn more about the performances coming to GBPAC visit their website at: gbpac.com/upcoming-events. 

GBPAC is  also hiring and has several positions open. If you are interested in working valet service, working backstage, helping execute events or any other behind the scenes roles, visit their website.