“Too bright to our infirm delight”

UNI art gallery host a new art exhibit, "Too bright for our Infirm Delight" throughout the second semester. Showcasing pottery and drawings along with a few different other art pieces.

UNI art gallery host a new art exhibit, “Too bright for our Infirm Delight” throughout the second semester. Showcasing pottery and drawings along with a few different other art pieces.

Karla DeBruin, Managing Editor

The latest exhibition at the UNI Gallery of Art is the “Too Bright for Our Infirm Delight.” Featuring female-identifying artists, indigenous artists, and artists of color. The exhibition is free and students can visit anytime during the spring semester. The dates are now until Feb. 25; March 21-April 15; and April 28-May 13. 

Located in the Mary Haskell-Hanse room of UNI Gallery of Art, in the Kamerick Art Building, it features many artists such as Dawoud Bay, Dońa Rosa, Melanie Walker and many others. The exhibition has a wide variety of mediums it has fine art prints, ceramics, watercolors, photographs and drawings. 

The name “Too Bright for our Inform Delight” is drawn from an Emily Dickenson poem “Tell all the truth but tell it slant.” According to UNI Gallery of Art Director, Darrell Taylor, “Too Bright to Our Infirm Delight insists that humankind often has trouble with some of the more important truths of life.” The exhibition is to help the Art of North America class. It’s also meant to emphasize artists that have underrepresented in the art world.