Parking Guide 101

CAROLINE CHRISTENSEN, Executive Editor

Parking on a college campus can be intimidating, but never fear! Here is your guide to avoid those parking tickets and become an expert navigator of the many parking pass options and lots available to students.

Make sure you have your parking pass displayed clearly. Ensure your parking pass is displayed on your rearview mirror. If it is not displayed clearly, you may risk getting a ticket.

Park only in areas valid for your permit or park in a non-visitor metered area. Most lots have restricted usage from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read the signs posted at the entrance of each lot to see what restrictions apply.

If you receive a ticket, you have the option of appealing the ticket within ten days of the violation issuance date. You can appeal a ticket on UNI parking’s website.

Pay your parking ticket on time, or risk receiving a late fee in addition to the ticket amount.

Invest in a good parking pass –  C or CP lots are preferable for most students living on campus. Upgrade your parking pass through UNI Parking.

Guests holding visitor parking permits are not allowed in the meters without paying. The only exception is in the Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts lot and the Multimodal Transportation Center. Permits will be specific to the area in which they are valid

Contact UNI Parking if you have any questions or concerns. The Parking Division is located in 30 Gilchrist Hall and is open Monday through Friday.