Scholarship application for 2022-2023 now open

PEXELS

The 2023-2024 FAFSA can be completed after Oct. 1 using 2021 tax information.

AUBREY SCHAFBUCH, Staff Writer

The UNI scholarship application for the next academic year is now available offering hundreds of scholarships to meet the needs of every type of student. Instead of going through the hassle of applying to each award separately, it funnels a wide variety of scholarships from each department into one functional and easy online application. Returning students must submit theirs annually, up until their senior year. The priority deadline each year is Jan. 15.

To view any and all scholarships, look into the scholarship directory, where additional information, requirements and contact information are listed. Through their search, it is a simple process to filter out any unapplicable awards. The types of scholarships range from UNI foundation scholarships, which are primarily based on need, to academic department ones, where they select students directly involved with related programs. In the descriptions of the awards, students can find qualifications like GPA, year in school, and if there are any preferences for things like part time/full time workers. The scholarships are given out on the basis of merit and achievement. 

In order to receive the most beneficial results, make sure to fill out everything on the application accurately and honestly. It is prudent to submit two optional essays in order to give an application more personal background that could be conducive to certain fields. Get good references! And let them know you are using them as references, as some scholarships will contact them for more information. All sections of the application must be completed for consideration, so make sure to get started early. The priority deadline is Jan. 15, 2023, meaning after this date students are far less likely to receive any awards. The FAFSA is also required by Jan. 15 for full scholarship consideration, so be mindful to set aside time to complete it. The 2023-2024 FAFSA can be completed after Oct. 1 using 2021 tax information. 

After the selection process begins Jan. 16, scholarship offer letters will be mailed or emailed in March 2023. If need be, students will be contacted by selection committees if additional materials are necessary or to schedule an interview. Happy applying!