Loving him is Red

Taylor Swift attends Kansas City Chiefs game

Ciara and Russel Wilson. Hailey Steinfeld and Josh Allen. Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rodgers. There have been a multitude of NFL players who have dated celebrities. None, I repeat NONE have broken the internet quite like the reported relationship of pop icon Taylor Swift and Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Travis Kelce. Rumors have been circulating ever since Swift performed during her famed Eras Tour at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, the home field of the Chiefs. Kelce attempted to give the pop star a bracelet with his phone number on it to no avail. He then asked her again and was reportedly shut down. 

Reports recently resurfaced that Swift and Kelce were quietly hanging out in a romantic context. These rumors seemed to be nothing more than falsities made by the media in order to stir up controversy. I thought nothing of it and believed that it was just a stupid tabloid rumor that would blow over in a couple of days. And then I saw the Bears VS Chiefs game on Sunday. Taylor Swift was front and center on my TV in box seats with Travis’s family, namely his mother Donna. My mind was blown. The rumors were true. Swift had a brand new Love Story and it was with one of the most electric players in the NFL. 

The internet exploded upon this revelation. I couldn’t scroll Twitter or Instagram without seeing Swift or Kelce’s face on my feed. The news was filled with love for this new couple. Kelce’s jersey sales increased by 400%. Thousands of people who have never seen a football game in their life tuned in to watch the Chiefs annihilate the Bears. The Taylor Swift effect has fully hit the NFL. 

I will use this final paragraph to exhaust every Taylor Swift pun I can come up with. Karma is no longer Swift’s boyfriend, it’s Travis Kelce. Taylor Swift could not come up with a better Lover in her Wildest Dreams. She was Enchanted to meet him when he walked in. Don’t blame her for choosing Kelce over other players in the NFL, he’s a player that never goes out of Style. He can score any touchdown easily by fearlessly shaking off opponents and finding a Blank Space in the endzone. She’s trading in her Cardigan for a jersey even though it is made of a more Delicate material. Instead of Paper Rings she’s chasing Super Bowl rings which Kelce has two of. The only Champagne Problems Kelce has is deciding which ones to open when he eventually wins his third Super Bowl with Swift by his side. Sparks are flying between these two lovers and if anyone has a problem with it or thinks that it’s fake I have one thing to say to you: You need to calm down.