UNI plays host to Jack Jennett Invitational

COURTESY/UNI ATHLETICS
Men’s hurdlers lead the way as they hosted the Jack Jennett Invitational in the McLeod Center this weekend. Many Panthers placed throughout the event.

The first event of the Jack Jannett Invitational, in UNI’s own McLeod Center, was the men’s 60-meter hurdles prelims. The top four finishers were all Panthers. Jack Sumners finished first with a time of 8.06 seconds, Hunter Manock finished second with a time of 8.19, Carter Accola finished third with a time of 8.50, and Kyle Trunnell finished fourth with a time of 8.52. 

On the women’s side it was the same story as two Panthers finished on top. Paige Kisley finished in first place with a time of 8.85 seconds. Right behind her in second place was Amanda Lietz finishing with a time of 9.78. 

Moving along to the men’s 60-meter prelims, it was all Panthers at the top once again. Tinashe Chigudu finished in first place with a time of 6.81 seconds, Luke Meyers finished in second with 6.84, Jerome Jessup finished in third with 6.99, Deonte Dean finished in fourth also with 6.99, and Austin Kunkle finished fifth with 7.09. Not far behind the five was Andrew Ferguson in seventh place finishing with a time of 7.03. 

In the women’s 60-meter prelims, the Panthers filled the top of the leaderboard once again. Olivia Kramer finished in first with a time of 7.75 seconds, Libby Wedewer finished in second with 7.78 (7.772), Ariana Yaklich finished in third with 7.78 (7.773), Jill Bennett finished fourth with 7.78 (7.779), Eden Barrett finished in fifth with 7.90, and Madelyn Sanda finished sixth with a time of 7.95. Not far behind, in eighth place, was Ella Santi with a time of 8.09. 

In the Women’s 1 mile run, Kaylin Lacher took first place with a time of 5:19.08. Close behind in third place was Brooke O’Brien with a time of 5:21.12. Rounding out the rest of the Panthers, in fifth place was Lauren Klein with a time of 5:37.51, and in eighth place was Makenna Edwards with 5:48.58. In the men’s 1 mile run, Drew Dombrosky placed 11th with a time of 4:41.55. 

In the women’s 400-meter, the Panthers finished on top again. Wedewer placed first with a time of 58.42. Right behind her in second place was Caroline Benfeldt-Soerenson with a time of 1:00.76. Two more Panthers finished near the top as Madelyn Sanda finished in fourth with a time of 1:04.60 and Tiffany Woerdehoff finished in sixth with a time of 1:07.46. 

In the men’s 400-meter, it was all Panthers at the top again. Isaac Vaske finished in first place with a time of 50.16 seconds. In second place was his teammate Andrew Ferguson with a time of 50.99. 

Up next were the women’s 60-meter hurdle finals, Panthers’ Paige Kisley took first place with a time of 8.83 seconds. Her teammate Amanda Lietz finished in second place with a time of 9.80. 

In the men’s 60-meter finals, Manock finished in first place with a time of 8.28 seconds. In second place was his teammate Carter Accola with a time of 8.35, and rounding out the group in third place was Kyle Trunnell with a time of 8.60. 

Moving on to the women’s 60-meter finals, three Panthers had a podium finish.  Olivia Kramer finished in first with a time of 7.66 seconds. Her teammate Yaklich finished in second place with a time of 7.71.To round out the top three, Barrett finished in third place with a time of 7.82. Santi of the Panthers wasn’t far behind the three with a fifth place finish and a final time of 8.30. 

In the men’s 60-meter finals, all four Panthers who participated ranked in the top four. Meyers finished in first place with a time of 6.73 seconds, Jessup finished in second with a time of 6.79, Dean finished in third place with a time of 6.84, and Kunkle finished in fourth place with a time of 6.95. 

Moving on to the women’s 200-meter dash, two Panthers finished atop the leaderboard. Barrett finished in first place with a time of 25.76 seconds, and Yaklich finished in second with a time of 26.73. Woerdehoff also participated and placed 15th with a time of 29.49. 

In the men’s 200 meter, Kunkle was the only participant for the Panthers. He finished in third place with a time of 22.98 seconds. 

In the men’s 3000 meter, Caleb Kass was the only participant for the Panthers. He finished in 11th with a time of 9:03.11. 

Moving on to the men’s weight throw, all three of the Panthers that participated finished in the top three. Justin Olson placed first with a throw of 16.63 meters. Right behind him in second place was Bo Braunecker with a throw of 16.60. In third place was Jacob Baier with a throw of 16.55. 

In the women’s shot put Breanna Hackman finished in fourth place with a throw of 12.44 meters. Not far behind was her teammate Allison Flanscha with a throw of 12.02. 

Moving along to the women’s long jump, all four Panthers that participated finished in the top four. Josey Dunbar placed first with a jump of 5.43 meters, Maleah Walker placed second with a jump of 5.26, Amanda Lietz placed third with a jump of 5.11, and Kallie Greiner placed fourth with a jump of 5.02. 

In the women’s triple jump, two of the Panthers that participated finished in the top three. Dunbar placed second with a jump of 10.51 meters, and Greiner placed third with a jump of 10.34. 

In the women’s pole vault all four of the Panthers that participated finished in the top four. Alivia Silvestri placed first with a jump of 3.50 meters, Sydnee Scott placed second with a jump of 3.20, Hannah Wallace placed third with a jump of 3.05, and Isabelle Cox placed fourth with a jump of 3.05.