Jordan Spieth, next big name in golf

A message to every pro golfer out there: step aside, there is a new hero in the sport, and his name is Jordan Spieth. Last weekend, Spieth had a record-tying score at Augusta going -18 in the Masters Tournament and became the second youngest Green Jacket winner ever. He also became the youngest to hold an 18-hole lead, had the lowest 36-hole score ever, the lowest 54-hole score, set the record for most birdies with 26 and held the lowest score at any point in the Masters (-19). So it’s safe to say Spieth “mastered this year’s Masters.” 

Everyone knew this kid had a bright future, and that he would soon be a staple in golf. But I don’t think anyone expected him to shine so soon. At age 14 he told reporters his ultimate goal in golf was to win the Masters. Most golfers only hope to compete in the Masters, but he had dreams of winning it, and just seven years later his dream came true. And let me tell you, there is a lot more Jordan Spieth to come. 

With his hot start in the 2015 season and earning his first major win, Jordan moved to second in the Official World Golf Ranking behind Rory Mcllroy. If you ask me, I think this Mcllroy vs. Spieth rivalry is going to be epic in the near future as both competitor are young, incredible golfers that carry themselves with class. 

However, even though Rory is the top ranked in golf right now, it is no question Spieth is stealing the spotlight when it comes to being the favorite. Not only is this kid talented, everyone loves him. He is a teen prodigy from Texas that has lived up to all the hype and just won a major tournament with all of the PGA’s biggest names chasing closely behind him. The media claims he is the next sexy thing, and Buzzfeed dubbed him “smoking hot,” as he has all the ladies drooling over him (but unfortunately for them he is taken by his high school sweetheart). 

He just signed a multi-year deal with Under Armour through 2025, has starred in multiple commercials, and just won $1.8 million at the Masters. Basically, what I’m getting at is he’s filthy rich. 

His biggest inspiration is his 14-year-old autistic sister, Ellie, and dedicates his success to her. Even his caddy, Michael Greller, is giving him some love. Greller and Spieth have a long and loyal relationship, dating back to when Greller left teaching sixth graders to caddy for the young stud. I think he’s liking that decision after recently pocketing $375,000 in the last month. Spieth is young, handsome, rich, loyal and great at golf. So I’d say things are going pretty well for him. 

Yet, he is a genuinely good guy that deserves everything he has. Golf has been going down in ratings the last few years since Tiger began to fade. 

Jordan Spieth is here to take over and bring the game back to life.  However, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Golf is hard, and it’s tough to be consistent. He has a long way to go to reach iconic status, but he seems to be the perfect guy to play the role of golf’s new superhero.