VP of student affairs retires

CLINTON OLSASKY, Executive Editor | [email protected]

On Dec. 7, a campus-wide email sent by UNI President Bill Ruud announced the retirement of Terry Hogan, the current vice president for student affairs. After more than eight years at the university, Hogan will retire on June 30, 2016.

According to his LinkedIn page, as vice president for student affairs, Hogan provided “leadership to an extensive division of student affairs comprising nine departments with 21 functional units across enrollment, campus life, housing/dining and health/recreation.”

He was also responsible for “360 employees, 950 student employees, 1.8 million square feet of facility space and $75 million in annual expenditures.” Hogan previously served as senior associative vice president and dean of students at Ohio University before coming to work at UNI.

Ruud also announced the appointment of current assistant vice president for administration and financial services Jan Hanish as interim vice president for student affairs. Hanish’s new position will be effective Jan. 1, 2016.

In the meantime, the university will conduct a “comprehensive search” for a permanent replacement for Hogan. Hogan will serve as a “special assistant” to the President until the replacement is found.

Ruud closed the email praising Hogan for his years of service at the university, saying, “I appreciate all of the hard work, support and assistance Terry has provided this university, especially to our students.”