Stochl leads UNI at SIUE Golf Tournament

Back to Article
Back to Article

The UNI men's golf team took to the links at the Gateway National Golf Course in Madison, Illinois, just outside of St. Louis. The Panthers took 15th out of 17 teams.

Courtesy Photo/UNI Athletics

Courtesy Photo/UNI Athletics

Courtesy Photo/UNI Athletics

ELIOT CLOUGH, Sports Writer

The UNI men’s golf team finished their outing at the Derek Dolenc Invite hosted by Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, this week.

Freshman and New Hampton native Carter Stochl led the way for the Panthers with a final score of 223 to finish at 10 over par (+10) and cap the tournament with a tie for 43rd place overall.

Alex Pries was next in scoring for the Panthers with a 53rd place finish. Pries finished the invite with a total score of 225 overall and 12 over par (+12).

Dominic Schepf, Sam Sacquitne and Andrew Wood finished with a sequential scoring order of 230, 231, and 232 respectively.

The final score for the Panthers as a whole was a 50 over par (+50), shooting 902. This put UNI at 15th place team out of 17 teams, ahead of Loyola-Chicago by three strokes and behind Murray State by one.

The Panther men bring their fall season to a close with the Zach Johnson Invite in Des Moines, which will take place on Oct. 1-2 at the Glen Oaks Country Club.