Explosion of orange for Dance Marathon

Dance Marathon members dreamed in orange as they celebrated open registration for Dance Marathon 2015.

More than 300 students attended the Dance Marathon Orange Party at the Campanile Thursday evening. Students who attended did not have to register for Dance Marathon, which will be held March 7th, but registration was encouraged.

“I think the members are excited for the Dance Marathon, and for those who want to . . . they have plenty of time to register,” said Tyler Shuck, junior political science major. Shuck was the director of DM’s Orange Party.

The focus of the event was the color orange, which could be seen in the decorations, food, lights and shirts some students wore. Students could purchase shirts for Dance Marathon in either purple or orange. 

Free food to students included orange soda and Buffalo Wild Wings catering.

Games varied from orange balls and orange flying plates. An area was blocked off with white and orange columns to designate it as a playing area.    

“This party is so much fun because of the free food and weather,” said Bethany Chatteron, senior graphic technologies major. Chatteron served as the director of creativity for the Orange Party.

After an hour of eating, groups of people who were the first dancers for Dance Marathon introduced their names, year, major, where they are from and which group of dancing they are related to.

“The party was fun, and it is my first time to register for the Dance Marathon and be a member. I am so excited and cannot wait until March,” said Natalie Tinoco, freshman political science major. “I love dance maniac because I am from Colombia and it is famous for dancing, especially the Zumba.