UNDEAD DANCE PARTY

Tables decorated with pumpkin centerpieces, walls hung with streamers and skeletons and a long, dark hallway serving as an entrance greeted scare-goers to a horror-ific masquerade.

The monsters were mashing Halloween night in Maucker Ballroom as the International Student Association held a Zombie Masquerade, free to all students.

Though dressing up as a zombie wasn’t mandatory, many were undead-ly dressed or masked to fit the attire of a masquerade.

Other costumes included witches, vampires, horse heads, Slenderman, penguins, pandas and even Waldo.

“Throughout the year, ISA holds many events, one of which is our annual Halloween dance,” said Fariha Afzal, senior interior design major and president of ISA.

The event was filled with food, drinks and plenty of music from different cultures. Along with a DJ, lights were set up to create a spook-tacular atmosphere.

“I came to dance with my friends,” said Jagoda Polchlopek, grad student TESOL major. 

In addition to dancing, ISA members hosted a costume contest, with prizes for best-dressed male and female.

Shingi Muskwe, junior accounting major, said he always goes to parties, especially Halloween parties.

“I wish they would move it back to the Commons Ballroom,” Muskwe said. “I feel like the space in the Maucker Ballroom is too ignored.”

Attendees enjoyed plenty of entertainment with games like musical chairs.

“I came to show my support for ISA, but it’s also a really fun event,” said Norma Garcia, senior family services major.

Overall, the event acknowledges diversity on campus.

“ISA is a student-based organization that hopes to diminish the cultural barrier between international and domestic students,” said Afzal.