Springtime at UNI

Around 200 students came to the Hemisphere Lounge in Maucker Union to participate in ‘Spring Fever,’ a free event hosted by the Campus Activities Board Tuesday. 

There were different activities for students enjoyment including free food, caricatures, Valley Fair tickets on raffle and air brushed, temporary tattoos. A variety of food was offered such as funnel cake fries, mini corndogs and raspberry lemonade.

"It’s gloomy and cold out, we wanted to help lift the spirits of the students,” said Alexis Scharfenkamp, freshman communication/public relations major. A new member of CAB, Scharfenkamp said she had a great time serving food to attending students.

There were CAB representatives hanging around to help direct the flow of traffic and help answer questions. They were there to keep everything running smoothly and quickly.

Rachel Dole, junior management: human resource major and the entertainment executive for CAB, was also there. Dole greeted students and pulled them aside to talk about the event, how they could get involved in CAB and see how they were enjoying the whole program. 

“I think that the event went very well. I mean, the free food sin could have lured in the people, but it definitely looked like the students were excited to get air brush tattoos and caricatures. To just make memories,” Dole said. 

Whether they knew what was going on or not, several students stopped by to see what all of the fuss was about.

“I had no idea what was happening. Once I got over to all of the action, I got to get some food and then sit and get a caricature. Now I’m going to go get an air brushed tattoo to show off,” said Jade Pint, freshman public relations major.