A warm welcome from Vice President Harbach

UNI’s Vice President of Student Life Heather Harbach embraces the 2023-2024 academic year

Dear Panthers,

Welcome to the new 2023-2024 Academic Year!  After a summer full of planning and orientation welcomes, I and my colleagues are excited to see all UNI Panthers back around campus and online across the state, country and world!

The start of the year is always my favorite time in higher education.  We are ALL full of hope, excitement and promise.  May these feelings carry you all through the days and months ahead, no matter the task ahead of you.  Remember, you’ve got this, and when you need help we faculty and staff are all here and ready to help.  

Feeling connected and engaged with your campus is a huge part to being a successful Panther.  We know that students who are involved in leadership activities, student organizations, social events, internships, student employment, research and other engaged learning opportunities will reach their educational and graduation goals consistently.  And they will enjoy their time as a student!  We hope you find those connections, and if you need help reach out to the Division of Student Life at [email protected].

I look forward to reconnecting to those of you I met last year, and meeting those of you I have not yet had the chance to meet.  Please feel free to reach out, say hello when you see me on campus (I’ll have my nametag on!) or reach out on Instagram at @vpharbach or @studentlife_uni. Looking forward to all the success ahead of us this year.  

With Panther Pride,

Dr. Heather Harbach

Vice President for Student Life