Get Aboard Studying Abroad

COURTESY/UNI STUDY ABROAD
Shown above is a group of students who journeyed to Iceland this past year with UNI Study Abroad.

As the fall semester looms on the horizon, the University of Northern Iowa’s Study Abroad Office is gearing up to welcome students into a world of educational adventures that extend far beyond campus borders. The Study Abroad Center offers a vast amount of resources and programs for students wanting to get involved. , shedding light on lesser-known opportunities, providing insights into how students can access crucial information, and highlighting the compelling reasons why studying abroad can be a transformative experience.

At the heart of the Study Abroad Office’s offerings lies a diverse array of programs, each tailored to cater to the unique interests and aspirations of UNI students. While previous favorites like Italy and France remain in the spotlight, there are hidden gems within the program portfolio that beckon the curious and adventurous.

One such treasure is the historical-gem of a faculty-led trip to explore the Galapagos Islands. A previous participant notes “I would 100% suggest this [program] to others. It is an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity.” From learning traditions to exploring breathtaking landscapes, this program offers an immersive experience that often goes unnoticed by many.

But how does a student embark on this global journey? The Study Abroad Office’s website stands as a comprehensive portal of information, housing details on programs, application procedures, scholarships, and answers to frequently asked questions. It’s a valuable resource accessible 24/7, designed to simplify the study abroad process.

Prospective globetrotters don’t need to navigate this path alone. The Study Abroad Office hosts information sessions regularly, where students can learn more about programs and connect with advisors who can provide personalized guidance. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or new to the concept of studying abroad, the Study Abroad Office is ready to assist.

As for the question, “why study abroad?” The answers are as varied as the students themselves. Beyond the academic benefits, studying abroad is a passport to personal growth. It fosters adaptability, independence, and global awareness, qualities that are increasingly valuable in today’s interconnected world. The experience adds a unique and compelling dimension to a student’s resume. Employers value the skills acquired through international education, such as cross-cultural communication and problem-solving. It’s an investment in one’s future employability.

For those who have taken the plunge into international study, the testimonials are resounding. Many UNI students who have studied abroad express that the experience has enriched their lives in ways they could have never imagined. It’s a journey that broadens horizons, nurtures understanding, and forges lasting memories.

As the University of Northern Iowa prepares to kick off another exciting academic year, the Study Abroad Office remains a gateway to global adventures. Whether you’re intrigued by France, Japan, or any other corner of the world, the first step toward studying abroad is a simple inquiry.

For more information on study abroad programs at UNI, students are encouraged to contact Stephanie Rojas, Study Abroad Director, at [email protected] or visit the Study Abroad Office’s website. The world is waiting – are you ready to explore it?