Money is running big time college athletics

Money runs prevalent through college athletics. This is a huge problem for everyone involved because schools rack in a lot of money. Coaches demand this money and get paid, athletes demand it but get nothing. Money has turned college athletics into a corrupt being. This money should be eliminated from these institutions. The elimination should happen through the cancelling of contracts with advertisers and sponsors.

One reason this must happen is this: college athletics are no longer pure. Viewers take advantage of athletes by watching them play in large spectacles such as March Madness and the upcoming College Football Playoff. More enjoyment will be a result for fans if this money variable is eliminated.

Another reason money needs to be eliminated from college athletics involves college boosters. These boosters have large influence on their college. Recently, boosters from the University of Alabama paid off Nick Saban’s house. 

Football is a great sport, but a coach should not have his house paid for by his boosters. University of Texas boosters have a strong influence on their coach, and they made the coach’s life worse. When Charlie Strong was hired as their coach, one booster called him out in the media. This makes the life of being a coach worse. If money was not involved, coaches lives would be better.

The most important reason money needs to be eliminated is the most money will win. The smaller colleges do not stand a chance when this is a factor. This is true in professional sports, and it is becoming more apparent in college sports. The best teams historically in the NBA and MLB are the Lakers and Yankees, and they have the most money. In college athletics, teams in the biggest money making conferences have the best teams. The discrepancy between big conferences and smaller conferences is larger because new rules allow bigger conferences to make rules outside the boundaries of the NCAA. These rules provide a chance for these conferences to use their money to have a better advantage at obtaining recruits.

All these reasons indicate why money needs to be eliminated from college athletics. This amount of money only creates more problems that do not need to happen..Through the elimination of money in college athletics, sporting teams will return to a purer sense. A purer state is a concept that everybody should grasp.