C.H.A.N.G.E. Exhibit seeking student submissions

COURTESY/OCEM
A photo by Meadow Olsen from last year’s exhibit. Students can submit photography as part of the exhibition.

In an effort to give survivors of sexual assault and their supporters a space to express their creativity and challenge harmful stigmas, the Office of Compliance and Equity Management is organizing an exhibition entitled C.H.A.N.G.E., which stands for Challenging Harmful Assault Narratives through Group Expression. 

Isabella Johnson, the Graduate Assistant for the Green Dot program on campus, said she hopes the exhibit will help to build awareness around sexual assault in the community. She emphasized how unique and powerful this exhibit is saying, “We really want to bring the UNI community together to just kind of see both how prevalent assault can be, and how many people are there to support those who have experienced it.”

The exhibit will be on display in the Communication Arts Center (CAC) from October 16 through the 31, and will be available to view during regular university hours.

Those interested in submitting a creative piece to be a part of the C.H.A.N.G.E. Exhibit can visit equity.uni.edu or email [email protected] with any questions. The deadline for submission is Oct. 9.

“This is a show of support for those in our community,” Johnson added. “You can educate yourself, educate others, and make sure that you are showing up for those who need it.”