Fantasy football

Fantasy+football

Week 12 of the fantasy football season is upon us and there is just two weeks left until the playoffs. Some players are on a roll while others are struggling to put up numbers late in the regular season. Here are a few options to take a look at if you are one of the struggling teams.

QB Ben Roethlisberger is on a bye this week, leaving some fantasy football owners with issues of who to pick up to fill in for Big Ben.

HOT: Sometimes, fantasy football is all about taking a chance and getting lucky. If you need the potential of a big day out of a quarterback, take a look at Josh McCown for Tampa Bay. McCown has scored 19 points the past two weeks and is up against a Bears team that allows receivers to get open down field. The Bears have allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks so far this season.

NOT: After lighting it up for the majority of the season, Philip Rivers is averaging four fantasy points per game over his past two contests. Facing a Rams defense that pressured Peyton Manning into making bad decisions, expect Rivers to do the same.

Running backs.

HOT: Denard Robinson is still available in almost 15 percent of ESPN.com leagues and should be looked at if you need someone to fill in this week. Robinson’s lowest fantasy score over the past four weeks has been 11, still formidable for the second running back slot or even a flex. 

NOT: Any Tampa Bay running back. Charles Sims came in from St. Louis with high hopes until last week, carrying the ball 13 times for 36 yards. With the Buccaneers passing attack in full force, do not take a chance with a Tampa running back.

Wide receivers.

HOT: Odell Beckham, Jr. is making this list once again as he is still available in 28 percent of leagues. The Giants rookie from LSU is the real deal, recording no less than six receptions over his last three games. ODB scored 16 fantasy points against Dallas in their last meeting. If you are in one of the leagues where he is still available, scoop him up now before someone else does.

WAIVER WIRE PICKUP: The leading fantasy football receiver from last season is making his debut Sunday against the Falcons. Josh Gordon is available in 19 percent of leagues and should be able to step right in to your fantasy lineup and produce.

NOT: Mohamed Sanu was steadily producing when A.J. Green was sidelined with an injury. Since Green’s return, Sanu has a combined four points in two contests.