2024 Super Bowl commercial rankings

Paramount+ takes the top spot in this year’s Super Bowl commercial rankings.

Every year the Super Bowl is one of the biggest events on television. Last year, there were roughly 115 million people watching the game, and it was assumed that there would be more this year. Due to the huge amount of viewership that the game and halftime performance receives, it is the perfect night to advertise. Companies come up with their best commercials, and some people tune in to the game just to watch them. Because of this, I think it is appropriate to rank some of the best ones from this year’s game. 

Coming in at number five has got to be BMW’s Talkin’ Like Walken commercial. In this commercial we see Christopher Walken going about his day and, in every interaction that he has, the people are doing an impression of him. Walken has one of the most iconic voices out there, so hearing people imitate him, and most of the impressions being surprisingly good, made for one of the most funny commercials of the Super Bowl. Throw in Usher as a surprise cameo before his halftime show, and you have one of the best commercials of the night.

Number four is CeraVes I am Cera … Ve commercial. Getting Michael Cera to do an ad for CeraVe was probably one of the best moves any of the companies made for the superbowl. Making it seem like he was the creator of the product on its own was funny, but showing him giving himself a back massage, rubbing CeraVe on a mountain and talking to a narwhal, made it that much better. The commercial was very weird, but I do not think anyone is going to forget it anytime soon. 

Number three is Dunkin’ Donuts Dunkings commercial. Ben Affleck comes into Jennifer Lopez’s studio wearing a Dunkin’ Donuts jumpsuit, and proceeds to make a fool out of himself. He comes in talking all weird, and then shows off his dance moves (if you can even call what he did dancing). The utter disappointment on her face as well as Matt Damon and Tom Brady being Affleck’s partners, made this without a doubt one of the best of the night.

It was hard to decide which of these last two would get moved to the second best, but number two for me was State Farm’s Like a Good Neighbaaa commercial. The whole commercial centers around Arnold Schwarzenegger trying to film commercials for State Farm, but he always says “neighba” instead of neighbor. We see him and the crew get more frustrated as time goes on, but he just can’t say neighbor. Hearing Arnold yell “neighba” for an entire commercial was good enough to get it the two spot. 

Finally, coming in at number one is Paramount+’s Mountain of Entertainment commercial. They made a similar commercial last year, but this one was even better, and in my opinion the best commercial of the entire night. A bunch of Paramount+ characters, along with Tua Tagovailoa, are trying to climb a mountain. Patrick Stewart, despite criticism from Drew Barrymore, picks up Arnold from “Hey Arnold”, and throws him like a football at the mountain while Creed plays their iconic song “Higher.” The commercial is all over the place, and after Arnold does not make it, they look at Peppa Pig to try and throw next. This commercial was the only one that actually made me laugh out loud. It was so weird, but also so perfect, and that earned it the top spot on my Super Bowl commercial rankings.