Grace Boffeli wins second Player of the Week award

Grace+Boffeli+has+been+a+pillar+for+the+team+during+her+tenure+as+a+Panther.+
MAHEDI ISLAM
Grace Boffeli has been a pillar for the team during her tenure as a Panther.

Grace Boffeli was named MVC Player of the Week last week after her back-to-back double-doubles. This is Boffeli’s second honor so far this season. The Panthers traveled to two away games, which were at Illinois State and Bradley where Boffeli had 17 points and 13 rebounds against the Redbirds and 22 points and 10 rebounds against the Braves.

Boffeli led the Panther offense and rebounding against the Redbirds and was one of two players against the Braves to record a 20+ point performance. Her double-doubles were her fifth and sixth so far this season and her 29th and 30th of her career. Boffeli was named the preseason MVC Player of the Year as well as being named to the All-MVC First Team. She currently ranks no. 5 on UNI’s all time career rebounding list.

Boffeli has been a huge key for the Panthers this season averaging about 16 points a game and starting in every game thus far. She has played a total of 422 minutes this season and has recorded 144 rebounds offense and defense combined. She has 26 assists on the season followed by seven blocks and six steals.

Grace Boffeli helped to boost her team to wins against Illinois State and Bradley prior to her Player of the Week award. Against Illinois State, she had 17 points and three assists that helped boost the Panthers to a win. She went 8-12 from the field and 1-1 from behind the arc in the
game. She also recorded a career high 13 rebounds in the game which helped her to secure her fifth double-double of the season and the 29th of her career as a Panther.

Against the Bradley Braves, she had 22 points, one steal, and three assists in a win against the Braves. She went 9-11 from the field and 1-1 from behind the arc during the game. Boffeli recorded 10 rebounds in their wins against the Braves also. Those rebounds helped her to secure her sixth double-double of the season, and the 30th of her career.