Alpha Delta Pi wins big

ADPi president Nicole Bellis (left) spoke to the Northern Iowan about the accomplishments her sisterhood has made this year.

“The eight awards we brought home to UNI made me so proud to be a part of this sisterhood, and made me so thankful that all of my sisters are dedicated to seeing our chapter thrive,” Ellie Penick, Alpha Delta Pi’s vice president of recruitment, spoke on the recent accolades the chapter received at Alpha Delta Pi’s Officer Academy in Cincinnati, Ohio. The weekend of Feb. 10, the Epsilon Mu chapter of Alpha Delta Pi traveled to Cincinnati to enrich the sorority’s leadership and award leaders who had excelled in their positions. 

The chapter, overall, received eight awards. These awards include History Reporting Excellence, Finance Excellence, Academic Excellence, Philanthropy Excellence, Membership Experience Excellence, Recruitment Excellence, Operations Excellence and Panhellenic Excellence. President Nicole Bellis spoke on what this means for the Epsilon Mu chapter, “Receiving these awards and this nomination was such a confidence boost for the chapter. It reassured us that we are operating at a high level and showed us that our whole chapter is excelling in many aspects of the sorority. It got everyone excited to implement new ideas and continue to work hard in our positions to better the entire chapter.” 

The chapter was also nominated for a Golden Lion Award, which is the highest honor for an Alpha Delta Pi chapter. The Epsilon Mu chapter received a Golden Lion Award in 2022, and is aiming even higher to receive their second one within two years. For Penick, these awards mean more than one might think. 

Being recognized for all of our chapter’s hard work over the past year validated the long days, countless emails, and passion that we all put into our officer positions in Alpha Delta Pi. Additionally, the awards symbolized how a smaller chapter can still achieve just as much as some of Alpha Delta Pi’s other larger chapters.” Kylie Fink, vice president of marketing for Alpha Delta Pi, affirmed Penick’s passion. “Seeing the hard work our Executive Board put in last year pay off through receiving various awards at ADPi Academy was a huge motivation to stay dedicated to my position and our chapter’s goals throughout my term serving as vice president of marketing.” 

The passion within Alpha Delta Pi runs deep, and lives within each member of their Executive Board. Penick, who has returned for the second year on the chapter’s executive board, is no stranger to the challenges that a chapter may face. For Penick, who’s graduating next year, her passion has turned into a focus on setting her chapter up for success. “As I enter my second year on our Executive Board, maintaining the excellency of our chapter continues to be on the forefront of my mind, and I have no doubt the chapter will continue to succeed long after I graduate!” 

Bellis will travel to the Grand Convention in Baltimore for Alpha Delta Pi to find out if Epsilon Mu will be awarded the Golden Lion on top of the Officer Excellence Awards the chapter received earlier this month.