CABapalooza on the horizon

CLINTON OLSASKY, Executive Editor | [email protected]

This Thursday, April 27, UNI’s Campus Activities Board (CAB) will be hosting their annual “CABapalooza” on Lawther Field from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Chelsea Miller, junior management organizational leadership major, serves as the CAB homecoming executive. Miller explained what students can expect when attending Thursday’s event.

“CABapalooza is an end of the year event basically to celebrate the semester coming to an end,” Miller said. “The event will have a DJ, tattoos, caricatures and various inflatables. There will also be some great prizes inspired by summertime.”

According to Miller, the planning for Thursday’s event started at the beginning of the spring semester, and the entire CAB organization has helped in this planning process.

According to Mitch Leonard, junior public relations major and CAB publicity co-executive, this week’s “CABapalooza” event will mark the start of a new era for CAB, as the organization is planning to execute a rebranding effort throughout next year.

“Over the past year, CAB has worked through a rebrand of not only its look, but also its identity as an organization,” Leonard said. “All too often, we get stuck in a rut of doing the same thing over and over and forget the purpose of what we’re trying to do. This process has been an opportunity for CAB to identify its strengths and weaknesses and how we can be the best we know we can be.”

Mitch went on to say that CAB has designed a new logo as part of their plans to rebrand the organization.

“This refreshed identity is just the beginning — the goal is that it’s the catalyst for an organizational culture change for what is to come,” Leonard. “There have [been] many people who put many hours of hard work into this process. We’re very excited and hopeful for the future of CAB and its impact on 12,000 students.”

As for the present state of CAB, the organization is most excited to bring “CABapalooza” back to campus as a way to help students close out the academic year with a bang.

“Finals week is coming up, so we all should have some fun before hitting the books!” Miller said.